Saturday, March 24, 2012

Pie a la Mode

Converting my limited space from quilting to dress making is a time consuming project which simply did not happen last week, so the skirt sewing is on hold. Instead  I pieced stars #6 and 7,

relaxed and read after work. Then .... my fabric arrived from the Fat Quarter Shop - they are so super efficient. Stars # 8 and 9 were followed by the sashing and border #1 -

I was having such fun border #2 got added (the border pieces had been previously pieced!) -

One more border to go. Tomorrow ..... after a birthday party for a 5 year old.

HAPPY QUILTING TO ALL!

2 comments:

Hazel said...

Don't you just love taking deliveries?!

Love the colours and the fabrics that you are using on this quilt, and it has struck me just what a difference the brown border has made - you know when something is 'just right'? This is it!

Enjoy your party - when I was that age, birthday parties included A Cake; then jelly & icecream, sandwiches, crisps, sausages-on-sticks and the centrepiece was a hedgehog (potato covered in foil) with pineapple-and-cheese-cubes-on-sticks as the spikes! Ahh - happy days!

QuiltSue said...

I just love this quilt. The colours are wonderful, and Hazel's right, the scrappy brown border is perfect.

I remember making hedgehogs for my kids too for parties. The only difference was that I used half a grapefruit. From the parties I've been to with my grandsons, it's more like burgers or hot dogs these days, and not a spoonful of jelly to be seen. (Jelly to us is, I think, Jello to you by the way.)