Tuesday, March 20, 2012

5 Star Rating

4 and 5 stars are typically used to rate hotels. I'm thinking my lovely Blueberry Crumb Cake by Blackbird Designs stars deserve a 5 Star Rating. Well.....there are 5 of them and I rather like the way they look (ha!) - actually matches my ironing board cover.
The 5 are going to have to wait awhile for the remaining 4 to join them. A calculation error (or was it my cutting skills?) created a need for a bit more material. A simple charm pack would suffice except the charm packs I found online lack one of the fabrics I really want. Oh, well. The Fat Quarter Shop had yardage and since I love the fabric I know I will use the excess. I placed my order.

While I am waiting I think I will try my hand at my original sewing skill and make a skirt or two for the summer. I am wondering what a 5/8" seam will look like after working so hard to achieve a quarter inch - which got reduced to a "scant" quarter inch in the Schnibbles (Carrie Nelson) patterns?

HAPPY QUILTING TO ALL!

3 comments:

Hazel said...

I thought I saw a skirt pattern by your machine the other day, and wondered if you were a dressmaker too!

Needled Mom said...

The stars are just gorgeous. I think your ironing board cover would make great sashing for it!!!!

QuiltSue said...

I see Needled Mom had the same idea as me about sashing. The stars are looking great and will make a wonderful quilt.