Sunday, March 25, 2012

CanNOT Stop - Too Close

I was all done when I posted yesterday. It was definitely time to clean house or read a book. Yet ... Pie a la Mode kept calling me. The brown border had me excited as the whole started to come together. What would it look like with the dark blue border? I had to know ......
T
The name Pie a la Mode was greatly influenced by the fabric - color and name - Blueberry Crumb Cake by Blackbird Designs. Every stitch had me dreaming of warm blueberry pie topped with creamy vanilla ice cream. A quick trip to the grocery after all the piecing has the blueberries in my refrigerator and the ice cream snuggled in my freezer. This evening the two shall meet.

The pattern is Carrie Nelson's Decoy from her another Bite of Schnibbles book. I am sold on the adorable little quilts (wall hangings - table toppers - pretties to admire!)

I've a busy day ahead. My favorite,for today, that is Ha! Ha!, niece turns 5. I have not seen her yet today but last night she was very convinced she would LOOK different this morning. I am excited to see the change! The party is a Disney Princess theme being held outside in the Florida sun. Should prove to be interesting! Ms Cha Cha cat has decided to skip the party - she says cats do not do parks full of running, jumping, "crazed" 5 year olds.

HAPPY QUILTING TO ALL!

6 comments:

Jane said...

That quilt top has come together beautifully, the colours are wonderful together

Barb said...

I love the colors in your quilt top...so your quilts call to you as well....hummmmm (it is not just me)

QuiltSue said...

Yum yum. Pie a la Mode looks delicious.

Tell Ms Cha Cha that it's not only cats who don't do parks like that, sometimes it's people too! (ie me. I can't think of anything much worse at the moment.)

Joanna said...

Pie a la Mode looks lovely. I love the shades of blue with the brown. Surprisingly they look great together.

Candace said...

I just love what you created with Blueberry Crumbcake, Donna! This is one of my all-time favorite lines!
Cheers!

Anonymous said...

Love both that line and that pattern! It looks real similiar to one I quilted a few months ago. I too love little quilts...I call them instant gratification.