Sunday, April 21, 2013

Scrap Basket Sunday - Week 3

Again an early Sunday post about my scraps. I doubt I will sew a thing today but I will be with you in spirit.

April has been a fun, if somewhat hectic month. My great nephew had a wonderful 2 year birthday party last Sunday. He loves balls/bars, cars/trucks/tractors, coloring books and Mickey Mouse. He got lots of presents. His new favorite phrase is -

"Chocolate Cake, Please!"

The newest family additional - Ben - came April 16, 2013 - 7 lbs 11 ozs. My niece had posted on Facebook early that Tuesday morning "Today is eviction day!" He is absolutely adorable. We love Ben!

My parents are still visiting. They are  RV camping at my sister's house. The upcoming week will be my great niece's 10th birthday - April 24, my mother's 80th birthday on April 27, and my nephew, his wife (who will be 30 something on April 28) and their 8 month old arrive next weekend.

 My sewing time has been non-existent! I did find a few minutes each day to attempt organizing my scraps. This is sort of by size and only makes a small dent. I hope eventually to get to color? or some system ??? ........

I'm imaging a postage stamp quilt made from leaders and enders using these tiny 1" squares - one day!
Well I need to go get dressed. My sister and I are taking Mom shopping. We will have a grand day.

On last thing .... can anyone help poor Ms Cha Cha Cat? She's very disturbed. She seems to have lost her favorite (for the day!) pink mouse. If you can help she would appreciate it.
Where oh Where is My Pink Mouse?? Please help.
I'm linking up with Kim of  Kim's Big Quilting Adventure.
Enjoy your scraps today!


5 comments:

Valerie the Pumpkin Patch Quilter said...

Congratulations on your family's new addition!

Your postage stamp quilt is going to be fantastic when finished and one of those "oooh and ahhhh" kind of quilts. All those little pieces!

Deb@asimplelifequilts said...

It sounds like you are having a wonderful busy month... enjoy! The scraps will keep multiplying. Such a black beauty!

Cathy said...

April 16 is my daughter's birthday; she turned 18 this year!

Kim said...

I may have a postage stamp quilt in my future too; I'm now "collecting" scraps from my scraps!

Teatime Creations said...

Love the idea for a postage stamp quilt. Using the tiniest scraps is interesting - and no waste at all.