Sunday, February 12, 2012

Tropical Storm Donna

Two of eighteen houses - you will note there is "slight" wind damage to the roofs. Of course, these make up part of a row of beach condos in Central Florida. Wind damage happens! This damage was compliments of Tropical Storm Donna - no I cannot blame this on the cat!

Yesterday was fun with the sewing gals. I was way late because I discovered I did not have enough of the background fabric for the Christmas Quilt Along 2012. I ran to the local quilt shop. My plan was grab the fabric, which I KNEW they had, and get to my group. Horror .... Bittersweet is the fabric being used in a BOM so my choice was pick something else. Picking takes time! and I kept running into people I knew and couldn't be rude. Two hours later I was off to sew with the gals, where I -
Enjoyed lunch
Gossiped
Had a snack
Gossiped
Admired every one's work
Gossiped
Managed to sort two charm packs into matching pairs
I was so tired I had to take a long nap when I got home. I think some of the others, who got to group on time and prepared actually got some work done. 
My replacement background fabric for the quilt along. The picture is awful! The fabric is more of a golden tonal and looks wonderful with the Bittersweet.

HAPPY QUILTING TO ALL!




2 comments:

Jane said...

Sounds like you had fun

Hazel said...

I love your wind damaged blocks!

Glad you had a good time with your buddies - and the fabric is lovely too.

Thank you for coming to the Christmas QAL - I look forward to seeing you over at Joanna's in March!