Sunday, August 1, 2010

Sunday Gratitude List

Life has been complicated and depressive.  My mother is recovering from a stroke hundreds of miles away.  The current economic situation is iffy.  Worrying changes nothing except my attitude - and that would be toward the negative.  Time for an attitude adjustment!  So, I am getting back to basics .... My Gratitude List ......

*  My God is love.  My God is in control and nothing, absolutely nothing, happens by mistake in His world.  I am thankful for His perfect plan.  And, I look forward with excitement to where He places me in His plan.  My line of positive communication opened with the writing of my belief.
*  My mother is slowly recovering.  She is in the capable hands of  God.  I am thankful for the medical personnel, the hospital staff, the physical therapists and the healing medications He has placed in her path.  I am thankful for cell phone service which allows me to hear her voice.
*  I have wonderful, supportive and loving friends.  How grateful I am!
*  Cha Cha, my 3 1/2 year old black cat, who came to live with me this past February.  She was skittish, afraid of her shadow when she moved in.  She is now confident - opens cabinets to scatter contents, unmakes the bed, pushes books off shelves and has forgotten the meaning of 'No."  Her latest demand (she's training me - Not Yet!) is a diet of tuna fish, tuna fish and more tuna fish - hold the dried cat food!  I am grateful to have her company. 

More on God's perfect plan - I rearranged the kitchen cabinets yesterday.  My mugs and glasses simply did not want to comply.  This morning I accidentally broke a glass while washing dishes.  The mugs and glasses now fit perfectly!  God has a sense of humor!

My prayer for the day -
                            God, grant me the serenity
                       to accept the thinks I cannot change,
                       courage to change the things I can,
                       and the wisdom to know the difference.

I'm off to the things I can change.  This house needs a good cleaning.  And, this afternoon, who knows, God may sit me down at the sewing machine. 

May God bless!  Wishing you all a day full of serenity.

No comments: