Thursday, February 27, 2014

The Calm Before the Storm

My design table cloth is free of yellow, red and turquoise. Yes!

I have the first block cut out for Barbara Brackman's Threads of Memory. Actually two blocks have been released so I am technically behind. Oh well! I have heard the "turtle wins the race!"


These are MY COLORS - calm, relaxing and very pretty!

But the storm is brewing ..... the yellow backing for the yellow, red, turquoise great niece has shipped. I will let me lovely quilter deal with that "eye opener!"  And, the bright purple, pink, turquoise fabrics have been ordered for the second great niece. Where, oh where did I get these wild and wacky relatives? Maybe, just maybe these girls are related to my sister? That would be the sister who's favorite color is RED. The sister who has yellow walls in her house and a - get this - apple green couch. 

HAVE A WONDERFUL DAY!


5 comments:

Lesley said...

Love your colours...the fabrics are so yummy!

Aunt 'Reen said...

Love your block Donna!
Gorgeous color scheme and fabrics.

Barb said...

Love those fabrics...

Sue said...

WOW! Love the fabric you are using for your block ! Just gorgeous !

QuiltSue said...

What a change on your design tablecloth. You can now look at it without having to wear sunglasses.