Sunday, October 24, 2010

Nature's Colors & a Layer Cake Quilt Along











These are photos of the sky were taken just outside my front door.  It is dusk and somewhat overcast, however, I love the colors.  The blue, purple gray and green with shots of a silvery white would make a fantastic quilt fabric. Add in the beautiful two toned green in the tropical plant against the reddish brick and ... well, my bedroom needs a make over!  I love the colors. Happy quilting!

I have decided to participate in my first quilt along. Moose on the Porch is sponsoring a layer cake (or I can use 12 fat quarters) quilt along. I am going to give it a try. The first block is to be released November 2, 2010 with a new block coming every two weeks until April (I believe-follow the their blog button on my sidebar should you want more details). I'm a bit uncertain about not knowing what the completed project is supposed to look like. This will a leap of faith requiring me to lighten up and go with the flow. Speaking of lightening up, I do think I want something like bright springy blues, greens, purples, pinks ... perhaps a bit of yellow and definitely a fair amount of white. Of course, my next project will be committing to the fabric. I am going with quilt shop quality. Quilting by the Bay in Panama City will just have to adjust to my "decision" process. (ha!) They are a wonderful group of helpful, supportive, creative folks. I expect they will offer wonderful suggestions. Wish me luck!

The weekend has been on a "cool" side for Florida.  At least one could stand to be outside and the breeze has been wonderful. From the look of the sky, tomorrow will bring rain. Hope all of you enjoyed your weekend. Until next time.

No comments: