Sunday, April 15, 2012

Slow Start .....

My plan yesterday was to nurse my sinus infection by sleeping and then dropping in on the Festive Mystery quilters of the Christmas Quiltalong- maybe even get a bit of stitching done. Instead I ended up at the office fixing a math miscalculation a client made. When I finally made it home all I wanted was my bed. You guys were well on your way to finishing up your day.

Of course when one sleeps all afternoon, one is awake all night! Or that was my experience!
The result of being awake all night is 60 squared up quarter-square triangles. Believe me during the square up process I started to think the little darlings were multiplying. It seems like six million instead of 60.

And then there were 20 for my plastic box where they can sit pretty until next month. The colors are not photographing well. My light is really a rich gold. I'm liking the look so far.

I regret I didn't get the opportunity to stitch along with the rest of the gang. I am hearing Lesley of The Cuddle Quilter  was a super host. Go check out Lesley's blog. She seems to be very busy as she is involved in a Table Topper Blog Hop starting tomorrow.

Much thanks to Sue of Quilt Times for the Festive Mystery Quilt pattern. I'm still unsure how it will all come together; however I know Sue's designs to be fantastic!

HAPPY QUILTING TO ALL!

6 comments:

Janet said...

You are right - the light isn't showing a rich gold at all. The colours still like very pretty together though. And yay! You got it done. Hope the sinus issue is gone today.

Jane said...

It always seems to take a long time, but it's well worth it in the long run. Hope you feel better soon

Joanna said...

Love the way the rectangles for diamonds. It took me a day to make them, too. Looks good.

QuiltSue said...

Your units look great. I hope you feel it's worth all the squaring up.

I also hope your sinuses have settled down now.

Lesley said...

Your hour glasses are absolutely perfect! Guess it was worth it to be up all night! Well done!

Mrs.Pickles said...

unit c looks great!