Sunday, June 19, 2011

Happy Father's Day

Celebrate, appreciate, honor and love all the Fathers on their special day today. My dad is, among many other things, a Clown for Wahabi Shrine out of Jackson, MS. Shriners fund and support Shriners Hospitals for Children designed to giving children a new outlook on life. Their main focus is on the treatment of burns victims and crippled children. Check out their website. Should you know a child in need of these services, please make contact with them. The hospitals are there to help.

Today I cannot spend the day with my Dad. He is 8 hours away. I will call him and he will be constantly in my thoughts. My memories of his love are wonderful.

I am joining a group of friends this afternoon for a cookout. We will have lots of dads in attendance. My specialty chocolate cake is ready - I went all out and put sprinklers on it (ha!). I do believe there are lots and lots of dads who are fond of chocolate cake. Enjoy your day!

1 comment:

QuiltSue said...

Whattt??? You mean there MIGHT be a dad soemwhere who doesn't like chocolate cake?