Monday, November 29, 2010

Thanksgiving

I have so much to be thankful for. I spend a wonderful 3 days in Mississippi with family. We did our traditional feast - steaks on the grill, twice baked potatoes and my mom's melt in your mouth pecan pie. The trip was fantastic; even if I did have a major tire blow out on the way back. That is just part of living ... the road ready maintenance was taken care of prior to leaving Florida but that tire decided to go Pop! on I-10 in the holiday traffic. All is well!

Here is the surprise awaiting me as I arrived on that cute little donut tire yesterday evening ............



My very own Rose of Sharon Block Book personally signed by the author Sharon Pederson. I was (AM!) so excited. Many thanks to Kelly Jackson of I Have a Notion for the giveaway.

I just got back from eating crab cakes at the Granite Cafe in Panama City, FL. I took my friend who cat sat while I was gone for a treat. Should you be in the Panama City area drop by the Granite Cafe. The food is great!

And, now since I am all well fed and in my PJs, I do believe I will curl up with my new quilting book. I cannot think of anything better to do.

HAPPY QUILTING TO ALL!

1 comment:

Barb said...

Glad you had a wonderful time Thanksgiving.

Sorry about the blow up...and glad you made it home safe.