Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Friends Swap, Layer Cake Quilt Along, Blog Button!

I just got email confirmation the package (for the Friends Swap) I sent to Australia FINALLY arrived! Forget the USPO's 7-10 days. Oh, and the customs confirmation number I was told  USPO could track means the USPO can tell you the number was "accepted" - giving the date and time you stood at their counter sending the package. Helpful information - NOT! That is my complaint for the day!!!!  But the good new is the package arrived.

My Layer Cake Quilt Along first block is printed and ready to be cut out. The Alabama Spinner Block designed by Gene Black is stunning. I can hardly wait to get started. This is the first block - you have time to check out the quilt along and get involved. There is link on my sidebar. Hope you come join the fun.


This picture is going to be my "blog button" - that is once I figure out how to make a functioning blog button.  Maybe this weekend.

Happy Quilting!

1 comment:

Stray Stitches (Linda G) said...

I just heard about the Friends Swap for the first time a little bit ago. I'm so sorry I missed it as it looks like it was fun. I made Gene's block today - very good instructions and very easy. I did skip the appliqued center however. Cute button!