Sunday, November 3, 2013

Recycled


Recycling is a process to change materials into new products to prevent waste of potentially useful materials.
My version of Jean Nolte's Scrappy Triangles (featured in the November/December 2011 issue of Fons & Porter's Love of Quilting) is a flimsy and has a name - RECYCLED!  All of the fabric, other than the sashing/borders were scraps which were recycled to become this quilt top. Please ignore the crooked look of my picture. I cannot get it straight on the design tablecloth without help - which my naughty cat refused to offer. The quilt top is truly nice and squared up.

I am linking with Kim of Kim's Big Quilting Adventure for Scrap Basket Sunday. Visit Kim to see what others have been recycling.

Ms Cha Cha Cat has had an exciting morning. First she chased the 1.5 inch long and wavy border fabric. She loves long, wavy fabric! Next came the steam iron - I am totally confused about her iron attraction. When I reach to plug it in she comes running and dances (loudly!) under my feet until she is given the measuring cut with any remaining water. She acts like this water is liquid gold! when, in fact, the water is the same tap water she can find in her water dish next to her food bowl.

 Cats are strange creatures!

Her day just kept getting better. The windows are open. Oh, Yes!
 Ms Cha Cha Cat is One HAPPY CAT!

On a personal note my nephew is continuing to show small signs of improvement. He was moved to a highly monitored ward just outside of ICU which is a bit more comfortable for his wife and parents. Keep Scott and our family in your prayers.










5 comments:

Joanna said...

Recycled just keeps looking better and better. You did a great job of choosing fabric from your scraps.

Barb said...

Love your recyclying

Lynn said...

What a beautiful quilt Donna! I love your recycled fabrics. ~~Lynn

Jane said...

It looks stunning, and great news about your nephew

QuiltSue said...

Recycled is wonderful. It looks as though it's going to be very warm and cuddly.

I'm glad to hear about Scott. It must be a relief that he is continuing to improve.