Tuesday, May 31, 2011

BAD Sock + Layers of Dust = Tired

My three day weekend was "planned" as a quilting marathon. Why did I plan? I failed to calculate the cost of one very BAD sock. I was up early Saturday morning, showered, made the bed and decided nice soft socks would be perfect for patting the foot pedal of my Kenmore. I had one specific pair of socks in my mind. The closet revealed only one sock.

Three hours later I had a perfectly organized, clean closet and two - nor one - two socks! Why couldn't I simply put the socks on my feet and hit the pedal? Oh, no. Instead I noted the layer of dust residing on the floorboard. And, so the weekend went. Tuesday finds me with a beautifully clean, fresh smelling home but very little sewing to speak of. I did manage to square up the blocks for a baby quilt.
The stripped fabric is the backing and I am thinking cornerstones for the blue sashing (not shown). The beige you see is my living room carpet.

And, I found this in my closet adventure. The cross stitch was from a printed kit I completed many, many years ago when I was still a teenager! Wow, how time flies!
I freed the piece from the closet. This now proudly hangs to remind Each Dawn is a New Beginning! I can start quilting another dawn .... the past three were starters to a clean home!

I also hung these .....
My Friends Swap partner, Lucky -1, Stitch Selection, made the cat hexagons as coasters. I love them way to much to allow anyone to set a glass on them.

My weekend adventures also included reorganizing kitchen cabinets and major furniture moving. Cha Cha spent three days searching for the "safest" place to hide from me, the dreaded vacuum, the horrid dusting spray, the fearful clothes basket and all the other cleaning paraphernalia she is petrified of. During the furniture moving, I picked up a skirted bedroom table to hear a disgusted Meow! Poor Cha Cha! I was unknowingly in the process of relocating her current hiding spot. She was beyond finished with me! She says I need to go back to work! Fast!!!

I went to bed (passed out?) last night beyond tired. Today dawn found me refreshed and ready to start a new day. Hope all of you had a wonderful Memorial Day. HAPPY QUILTING TO ALL!


No comments: